Software engineer who gets stuff done. Builds reliable software components and services.
Enjoys untangling tricky problems, generating ideas, refining designs, writing quality code, and delivering solutions on time.
Staff Software Engineer
Seagate, Jan 2014 - Present
Cloud Storage Team: building a cloud storage service that provides reliable and safe storage options for data over long periods of time.
Built on top of Scality Ring object storage system. Monthly releases.
- Collaborated with product management and internal/external partners to define requirements and evaluate progress; worked in an agile environment with daily standups and regular release cycles.
- Designed and implemented multi-tenancy user authorization model for cloud services supporting partners, resellers, customer accounts, users, and roles; created REST APIs to enable provisioning, user management, and system integration.
- Developed data aggregation pipeline for usage metrics (upload counts, storage sizes, etc.); created REST APIs for retrieval of metrics; worked with billing team on product/ERP integration.
- Initiated a project to automate order fulfillment and provided technical guidance to the products and pricing team, and the Salesforce dev team implementing the solution.
- Mentored intern and oversaw development of reporting applications and APIs.
- Technologies: Centos, Python, MySQL, Apache, HAProxy, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Git, Vagrant, Vim, Ansible, Chef, Jira, Confluence, Stash, Salesforce, Scality Ring
Senior Software Engineer
Cloud Storage Team: cloud storage product built on top of OpenStack Swift.
- Developed web APIs, middleware plugins, and backend services for an OpenStack Swift deployment.
- Created provisioning APIs to enable business integration.
- Implemented process for collecting, aggregating, and delivering usage metrics for billing and reporting.
- Technologies: Ubuntu, Python, Flask, MySQL, ZeroMQ, Git, Vagrant, Vim
Business Systems/Automation Team
- Developed custom ordering, accounting, and customer support portals and services
- Technologies: C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, JS, Salesforce, Percona
Software Developer/Project Manager
Charles Schwab, Operations, 1999-2006
- Automated dozens of operational tasks using Java, C#, SQL Server, Excel, VBA, HTML, JS
- Implemented web application for collecting and reporting metrics across multiple departments.
- Created database and web UI for investment cost basis tracking.
- Developed operational checklists for auditing of critical daily functions using Excel/VBA.
Hilldale School, Daly City, 6th Grade, 1997-1999
- Taught 6th grade curriculum at a small, private K-8 school
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, BS in Education, 1997